Friday, May 13, 2011

Wine Pleasures Portugal: The Boxed Set

All good things must come to an end eventually, and although I could keep writing about Portugal for another two months I think I have covered all the highlights now. Whew! Thanks for following along. It was an incredible visit and in addition to all the fabulous wine and port and food my fondest memories are of the people. No matter where you travel, it's the people you meet that make the journey worthwhile. The crazy ones make for great stories, (you-know-who) while others make for lifelong friendships.

Long bus trips can lead to all sorts of mayhem. And if you've ever been on a Wine Bloggers Conference bus trip you probably know the feeling. --- Here's a quick video of some of the people I met on the Wine Pleasures tour and their comments about the trip on our final day in the Douro. Thanks to everyone for being such good sports. The lighting is not so good, but the scenery and background chatter is priceless!



And if that's not enough to scare you... here are some out-takes from "Bucky's Stuffed Wine Show" (Special thanks to Jethro for kind loan of his "teddies")


Next year the Wine Pleasures Conference will be in Umbria, Italy. If you'd like to be a part of it apply here.

Here are all the links to my Portugal series and links to other participants posts as well. If I missed your post let me know and I will add it to the list.


Wine Pleasure Participant Posts:
Grantoursimo --
Douro Part 1
Douro Part 2

Aneesh Bhasin-

Messina Hof:


3 comments:

  1. Many thanks for taking the time to put the boxed set together and many thanks for covering the event so diligently. You are one in a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Marcy! I have enjoyed the Portgual updates and hope to be on a future trip. Next year's trip to my motherland would be perfect... :)

    I must say, from the video this bus trip appears sedate compared to the infamous WBC09 Bus 4 crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank-- Yes, it was rather reserved compared to WBC09 Bus 4 that's for sure. But at the end of the trip "Hollywood contingent" was gone, and I was the only American left. That may explain it.

    You should apply for the blogger trip in Itlay. I think it's going to be full of suprises!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...